Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday 12 July 2012

Putting a Blog together!!!!

Who would have thought putting a blog together would be so time consuming and very addictive. Suppose I better appologise now to my wife as it could be a busy few months if this takes off.

I know my first post said we would begin in August when the new school term begins but I think it will be better to keep a wee diary of what I am doing in case I decide to do another one.

Being new to blogging I did not realise how many different platforms there are out there. The hard thing at the beginning is deciding which one to use. It is really hard to give people advice on which one to use but there are plenty of websites out there that give advice and blogging tips. Unfortunately I did not go down that road.

I decided to see what blog platforms my friends were using and both Blogger and Wordpress were the clear favourites. What clinched it for me was looking at the blog "Neverseconds" which was recently in the news because the schoolgirl author was banned from taking pictures of her school dinner. I thought "if a little girl can do such a professional job then I'll need to step up to the mark here." So Blogger was the winner.

The templates were very easy to use but after spending hours putting the blog together I realised that there were so many free templates from other sites that you could upload. (told you I was new to this) That opened a can of worms as there were loads to choose from but finally I manged to find the perfect one.

My advice here would be to upload your template before you even attempt to do anything to your blog as I spent hours customising mine again. Another spanner in the works was not having the foggiest about adding links to Facebook and twitter. Luckily there are plenty of clips on YouTube that can show you how.

The purpose of this blog is to share my experinces of teaching with the iPad in order to help others. So here I am ready to Rock N Roll. Hopefully I will get some interest, Wish me luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment